Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What would be a good set of camouflage for spring turkey hunting?

Its pretty warm so it has to be pretty lightweight. I need something that's quiet with a good ground hunting camo pattern. Also, what are some accessories, besides calls, that would be good to have?What would be a good set of camouflage for spring turkey hunting?
Real tree works for me. Need a face net, camo gloves, camo hat, foot blind, turkey hunting chair (sits about 4 inches off the ground) Long sleeve shirt, pants, camo fanny pack for gear. Slate with two different strikers, box call, small flashlight, challenge call (crow, owl, or gobbler), camo sock for shotgun, small binoculars, and lots of bug spray. I have camo burlap to create a temporary blind or break up my silhouette. Some guys use decoys but I don't. A good hunting store can set you up with lightweight camo gear there are tons. I have not preference on brand. The key is to break up your body shape and blend. I have been so camoed that one time I was sitting still and a wren landed on my shotgun barrel as if I were a tree and hopped down the ';branch'; until it stared right at me figuring out I was not a bush or tree.What would be a good set of camouflage for spring turkey hunting?
None if you are in my area, just show up in a truck that looks like a ranch truck and the turkey's won't know its someone else. The dumb bastards have a false sense of security around us and I could damn near kill one with my bare hands if I wanted to.





But depending on your area, are you going woods? Or are you more field and woods. Find what looks most closely to where you are going to be. Real Tree might work in one area, another pattern might work fine in another.





As I said, here they are dumb enough that it is almost criminal to bother to hunt them as they don't see us as threats.
I build a blind myself, were a bug net this keeps the bugs away and hides your face as well, bug repellent around your hands, ankles, neck for ticks, bottle of cold water and calls. Of coarse gun and ammo. And set as still as poss-able another reason to use a blind it covers most body moves.
Spring Turkey: Realtree APG, Mossy Oak Obsession, Realtree Hardwoods Green, Mossy Oak Break - Up. Fall: Realtree AP. All camo you buy should tell you what pattern it's in.
a good blind works well or you could try a ghillie suit they work very good for turkey or deer
Real tree AP worked great for turkey this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment