Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What do you think about hunting with hounds?

Also, with the start of the hunting season, and the hunting ban itself?What do you think about hunting with hounds?
I think it is the fairest way of hunting game. When the game hears the approach of the hounds it knows it is in danger and changes the way the game reacts. The game knows it is being pursued. The game changes its routine. The type of weapon isn't what makes a hunt challenging. When the game knows it is being pursued the hunt becomes a challenge. Due to the timing of Your ? I assume You are referring to the running of deer with hounds. However there are many different types of game that hounds are used for running, ie. raccoons, bear, rabbit, squirrels etc...What do you think about hunting with hounds?
Fabulous, Fantastic, Terrific.*
I have two Beagles I hunt rabbits with. All three of us have a great time
I don't like it. They don't have opposable thumbs to hold a rifle or shotgun properly, make too much noise, and smell enough to scare anything away. If any hounds ever asked to go hunting with me, I'd almost certainly refuse them outright.
Sorry totally against it,I know foxes have to be kept under control but hunting with hounds is just barbaric there are other more humane ways to handle this,I would like to see a pack of hounds chasing these so called sporting people wonder if they would like it.


As Oscar Wilde said it's the unspeakable chasing the uneatable.
I think it is fine to hunt with them. We use them for deer hunting and it's not like that you kill every deer in the woods when you use dogs. A lot of hunting with hounds is tradition here in the South.
I have a hunting hound, he is great at scenting out game and its his favourite thing to do. I dont see why so many people have a problem with it, man has been using hounds to support hunting activities since the dawn of time!!





However... I do disapprove of that British hound hunt where they get 15 dogs and ride around in their red coats on their fat horses and let 15 dogs attack 1 fox.... its just not hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment