Saturday, August 21, 2010

What are Bible scriptures or some famous quotes, that promote hunting?

Killing for food, and trapping for food using a bow and arrow. Not sport hunting or poaching. All takes place with appropriate licensing, and is fully legal.What are Bible scriptures or some famous quotes, that promote hunting?
Genesis 27-5: “And Rebekah heard when Isaac spake to Esau his son. And Esau went to the field to hunt for venison, and to bring it.”





I Samuel 26-20: “ Now therefore, let not my blood fall to the earth before the face of the LORD: for the king of Israel is come out to seek a flea, as when one doth hunt a partridge in the mountains.”





Jeremiah 16-16: “Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.”





Proverbs 12-27: “The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.”





--------------------------------------…





There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.


Ernest Hemingway





The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.


Walter Cronkite





The only time I ever went hunting I remembered it as a grisly experience.


Gloria Swanson





When he was young, I told Dale Jr. that hunting and racing are a lot alike. Holding that steering wheel and holding that rifle both mean you better be responsible.


Dale Earnhardt





When I was twelve, I went hunting with my father and we shot a bird. He was laying there and something struck me. Why do we call this fun to kill this creature who was as happy as I was when I woke up this morning.


Marv LevyWhat are Bible scriptures or some famous quotes, that promote hunting?
“Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game.” - Paul Rodriguez





“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” - Ernest Hemingway





“When I was twelve, I went hunting with my father and we shot a bird. He was laying there and something struck me. Why do we call this fun to kill this creature who was as happy as I was when I woke up this morning.” - Marv Levy





“Don't think to hunt two hares with one dog” - Benjamin Franklin





“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” - Walter Cronkite





“The only reason I played golf was so that I could afford to go hunting and fishing.” - Sam Snead
Better to go live alone in the woods than to try to live with a contentious woman.





Somewhere in Proverbs





Most of the OT lends itself better toward smiting hip and thigh the folks who live near you, killing off their livestock, enslaving their slaves and leaving not one stone upon a stone because they had something you wanted and God ordered you to take it and kill them for having it first.
no where, the Bible was written by shepherds, cattlemen, and goat-herders, (the 12 tribes of Israel raised animals for food) not hunters

No comments:

Post a Comment