Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What to do if your hunting waders are too large?

I'm borrowing a pair of waders to go duck hunting (first time). I'm really excited to go, but I didn't have enough to buy my own pair of waders so I am borrowing a pair from a friend. Thing is I think they used to belong to his dad, cause they are way big (13 Stout). Any advice?What to do if your hunting waders are too large?
Wear thick socks and a wade fishing belt or web belt around the middle. Be careful not to fall down because if those things fill up you won't be able to get up with out help.What to do if your hunting waders are too large?
Unless you are in a sump blind.....just wear some hip boots if you are in the swamp. I usually hunt with a standard 12-14'; boot and a boat and dog. Waders are really a pain unless you have the new tight fit ones that keep you warm. See what you really need.





BTW These are dangerous if you slip and fall and fill up you could drown.





I would not.
I hope you`re in a cold climate. I did this with 2 pairs of jeans,and as posted before, thick or double pairs of socks. Put a fold in the front and hold it with a belt and you`re good


to go. Happy Hunting!


Additional details: I don`t know why .700 Nitro is being picked on,but I have flooded out waders before and you really do need help to get back up.
Well fishing waders are supposed to be oversized, I never use them for hunting because they are hard to put on and I just use the dog to get my ducks.
Wear a belt.
you'll just have to walk around looking like those blankety-blank-blak...i mean blank dudes holdin up their drawers! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment