Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What do I have to do to become a professional elk hunting guide?

What kind of training do I have to do? I would appreciate any information anyone can give me on the subject. :)What do I have to do to become a professional elk hunting guide?
there really is no formal training. you have to know the animal well, the area it lives in, it's habits, mating cycles, calls, etc.etc.......


I'm sure you could get on as an apprentice in a guides territory and spend a few seasons learning from the other guides. there is so much you have to experience to learn that a lifetime of knowledge will get you. i learned from my father and uncles and i still get fooled all the time.


best of luckWhat do I have to do to become a professional elk hunting guide?
Learn to shoot big bore riffels and read maps.


I would be good to know the area that you are planning to guide the hunters through also
You need to love the hunt, Live in a state with great elk hunting. Lot's of time and study in the field!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment