Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What should I know about Maine State law before owning a hunting firearm?

I actually don't hunt, and I have no plans on doing so. I do need a firearm that is capable of killing small animals, though, due to constant attacks on my chickens by wild animals. If it's important, I live in a fairly spread-out rural community.What should I know about Maine State law before owning a hunting firearm?
You don't need anything special to own a firearm in Maine. I hope not anyway, I've lived here and owned guns my whole life. I don't know what town you live in but if you are in the woods a piece I'd get a 22 caliber rifle and the 14 $ small game tag, or not. Depending on the critters bothering your chickens you can get a flashing red led light to scare most of them away. By the way, when you kill a predator you will be hunting. Best of luck to you. Hunting and Trapping laws and rules are available at most town offices and gas stations.What should I know about Maine State law before owning a hunting firearm?
check this link: http://www.state.me.us/ifw/

No comments:

Post a Comment