Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How old does a coon hunting dog need to be before you start training them?

I have a 5 1/2 month old red bone hound and i want to train her to be a coon hunting dog. i need to know if she is ready to be trained and if anyone knows a good website that explains how i should train her and what i will need.How old does a coon hunting dog need to be before you start training them?
See if you can find a local club.It's more fun with other people. She can start now. It's best if you start them with other dogs. You can also find out what your laws are. Some states regulate coon hunting.How old does a coon hunting dog need to be before you start training them?
YOU CAN START ANYTIME The sooner the better. I am a coonhunter my self even though i am only 16 me and my dad have trained dogs. I train all summer and work on them all school year. I usually start them at 4 months on cage coon. then

Report Abuse



Here email me i have a lot of dogs and comments. katie b

Report Abuse



Go here it is free and you can start your dog as early as 4 months depending on his/her size i have a redbone and she is to small to start 4 months old need to get your dog used to a collar and lead before taking them hunting





http://www.dogskool.com/web/freeclass

Report Abuse



Training your dog as easy as you can ,here is one eary ,fast, safe,efficient..method, maybe you will love it!


http://dogstraining.info





looking forword to your good news!
I love coonhounds. I would guess that would be a good time to start, many people I knew growing up would start training early. I'm not sure how they did it, however.





I would try this site:


http://www.coonhounds.com/index.html
I start training dogs as soon as I can if I could I would start at 3 weeks of age. Now I am not talking about training to hunt but puppies are sponges and can learn incredible amounts of things and the more they learn the faster they learn new things. Too bad you missed all the early training time.
She old enough i believe if the dog can walk it can be trained just take it slow be patient and practice with the dog as much as possible.
Join a club and work with a trainer..
It should have been introduced to quarry by now!!


CAGED COON!!!





Drag line.....scent dragged on ground to tree %26amp; UP! W/CAGED coon!!





Contact your local COONHUNTERS CLUB!!! There are HUNDREDS of EM!!!


Go to ukcdogs.com for LISTINGS!!!


Have fun...it's a BLAST!!!


I don't have hounds(I do terriers!) but we took ***5*** coon out of a barn last week!!!





Yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment