Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it absolutely essential to disclose that I have resigned while job hunting?

I live in India, and had to resign 4 months ago due to a family medical emergency. Now that I am job hunting, the recruiters change tactics immediately when I disclose that I am jobless. Even after I have cleared all rounds of interviews, they seem to play a waiting game.Ok, they want to pay lower salary, but won't disclose how low.


In such situations, do I need to be honest, and be exploited ? Please advise.


No( financial) crisis at present. but am getting discouraged.Is it absolutely essential to disclose that I have resigned while job hunting?
I think it depends on specifically what you say. If you left a job for a medical emergency, they might be concerned that after they hire you and put forth the effort to train you, etc., that you're apt to quit again. So you might say you took some time off for a family emergency that is now completely resolved. Of course, you don't have to volunteer that you're jobless, but it's best not to lie.Is it absolutely essential to disclose that I have resigned while job hunting?
You should be honest but you do not have to stick with one job. Apply several at the same time. If you can get multiple offers, then you use them as your advantage. If the offer is too low, then you can always decline.

No comments:

Post a Comment