Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Does anyone else feel compelled to decorate their home like a hunting lodge when it gets cold?

As soon as it starts to get a little bit chilly, I start putting up posters of grizzly bears and mooses all about the house, and trying to make my home feel like a hunting lodge. Is this normal? Why do I do this? Does anyone else do this?Does anyone else feel compelled to decorate their home like a hunting lodge when it gets cold?
Not exactly. When we lived in El Monte CA I hated it so much that I put up a full wall wallpaper of the woods. From a little distance it looked like the wall was all glass and opened onto the forest.Does anyone else feel compelled to decorate their home like a hunting lodge when it gets cold?
One Sunday my newspaper did a spread on a local couple who has a great room decorated with heads of all sorts of animals; moose, elk, bears, a tiger and who knows what else. Some of the animals were fully stuffed and standing around. Yuk. The article was in the decorating section. Boy oh boy - did the paper ever receive tons of letters about it and none were favorable! I've wondered since then if they changed their decor. People were pretty grossed out.





Is it normal? Probably not but poster away. After all, its your place and if it makes you feel warm and cozy that's all that matters.
Maybe because you associate this stuff with being inside somewhere WARM when it gets cold outside. Perfectly normal. My aunt and uncle have a cabin that looks like this in the mountains. Lots of people change up their decor seasonally. I myself do 'cool' colors like blue and white for summer and 'warm' colors like brown, orange or tan in the winter. It just seems to fit better when the weather changes. Do what makes YOU feel good, it's your house after all! I usually change up smaller things like tablecloths, rugs, curtains or pillow covers. I have a set of 'spring' colored stuff too (green, yellow, pink) as well as some Christmas stuff.





Maybe you can help with my question:





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
I don't do it.


I don't know if it would be normal or not..I think it's just the atmosphere you like when you think of winter.


What state are you in? That could say a lot.
Are you Sarah Palin?
No I don't do that, but it sounds cozy. Do you wish to start a fire as well?
  • makeup uk
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment